Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sometimes I wish I wasn't a Mom...


On a recent episode of How I Met Your Mother, Lilly ( Allison Hannigan) made a confession to Ted (Josh Radnor) that sometimes she wishes she wasn't a mom. 
That she thinks about packing her stuff & disappearing into the night.

Well Lilly, you are not alone!! I have thought this many times, and although I never do it, the thought is still there. Does this make me a bad mom? 
No I don't think so, because I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Being a mom is the hardest job known to man. You work 24/7, 365 days, for no pay. Now I have heard people say you get paid in love, and respect from your children. Yeah well sometimes that shit isn't enough. Not to mention my children can be the most disrespectful little shits I have ever met. But they are my disrespectful little shits and no one can have them. 
There have been times I have left the house in tears because of them. I know sometimes a smack on the butt or a quick tap on the mouth is what they need, but I can't bring myself to do it. And in turn they continue to be hateful. They have never treated their dad this way, so why do they do it to me? According to my MIL it's because we are mom & our children know we will love them always no matter what..

I hear on the news about these parents who have killed their children, and I'm disgusted. I have never, ever wanted to harm my children to the point of death. I have on occasion wished I had the Jedi mind trick, but it never seems to work when I want it to. 
How could anyone want to kill their child? There are couples out there who can't have children, and I'm sure they would take those babies home with them, if it meant they would get to live a long fulfilling life. Those parents who kill their children should be fixed and sentenced to life with their guilt!

Now don't get me wrong there are plenty of good times. They even outweigh the bad! Most of the funny things that happen in our family are because the kids did something. They are little comedians and always know how to make me laugh. 
When I'm upset over something or not having a good day I know I can count on them to bring me up. It's times like that, that I forget about all the stupid, hateful, disrespectful shit they have done.

Being a mom is job you can't quit, you don't get paid benefits, or vacation. But as you watch them grow up, and go through life, you realize none of that matters. Those kids are always going to be grateful that you are their parents and that you loved them unconditionally. 
So Lilly, my friend, it's ok to feel that way. As long as you don't go through with those thoughts you are a normal mom, and it will get easier. I don't know when since my kids are still kind of young, but when I figure it out I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment