Wednesday, February 13, 2013

How I Met your Father...

With tomorrow being Valentine's Day I thought I'd give the sweet story of how I met my husband and ended up marrying him.

It was 2002, and I was going through a rough time in life. At 20 years old, I had a baby, and was already getting ready to divorce the man I thought I'd spend the rest of my life with. So when he moved out I went a little "buckwild". I partied every weekend that I didn't have my daughter, and went out with every guy I could.

I had friends staying with me to help with the bills, and they were always bringing new people over. I never did anything when my daughter was with me, so when she was gone I let loose. My apartment was known as the place to party, so random people were in and out all the time.

One weekend right before Valentine's Day, my friend got a call from this guy she knew. He wanted to know what she was doing hat night. She told him she was partying at my house and that he was more than welcome to come hang out. He asked if he could bring a friend, and of course a party is always better with more people, so she said sure.

When he showed up, we both realized we knew each other, and started catching up. I didn't even notice the guy that came with him,that was  until I went to my kitchen & he was in there chatting with other people. I introduced myself, and said "Welcome to my Humble Abode" (yeah I was a bit of a weirdo). He said "thanks for having me, its a fun party", and that's when I really noticed him. He had the biggest blue eyes, a sweet smile, and a very sexy voice!

As the night progressed ( and the drinks kept coming), my friend pulled out the new video camera she got for Christmas. She was taping everyone and having a good time, but she was on the other end of the camera so I took it from her so she could be in some of the video. Apparently I wasn't as concerned as I thought about having her in the video, because I kept the camera on him for 30 mins. Yes, 30 mins of me just staring at him from the back of a video camera!! That's creeper material right there.  Then  he started dancing to N'SYNCs song Bye Bye Bye; he knew every step, and I was hooked!!

He made his move on me and we stayed up all night talking. The guys went home the next day, but came back that evening (the other guy & my friend hit it off too) to spend some more time with us. That was a Sunday which meant my daughter was going to be coming home. Apparently the new guy missed the memo about me having a baby (the pics on my walls weren't a dead give away or anything) and was a little freaked out. He started asking my friends about her, and giving me the 3rd degree. It was close to her bedtime so I gave her a bath, and fed her a bottle. She fell asleep, I put her to bed, and went back to hang out. I left the room for seriously 2 secs and when I came back both the guys were gone. I asked where they had gone and my friend wasn't entirely sure. So I go upstairs and what do I see? Both the guys looking over my sleeping baby in her crib. Ok now I'm freaked the F out.. What the Hell are these guys doing? They proceed to tell me they both have nephews that they adore and think sleeping babies are sweet & innocent. I'm a little less freaked out, but still think they may be the creeper type.

We spent a few weeks together, learned things about each other, and took the baby for walks to the local park. During all of this I was moving out of my apartment and he helped move my stuff. He was such a good guy and with everything I was going through he stuck by me.

We took a little trip just the 2 of us after about a month after dating. While walking on the beach, he turned to me and said "I have never felt this way about any girl I have ever been with, will you marry me?" Of course I was going through a horrible divorce and wasn't in any place to be with another guy, but there was something about him that made me feel safe and wanted. He stuck with me through all I was going through, loved my little girl like she was his, and always had my back.

Once we found out I was pregnant with our son, we decided it was time to make it official. My divorce was final, and we thought what better time to do it then Valentine's Day. I was 6 1/2 months pregnant, and wanted to be married before the baby arrived; so we called our 2 friends, met at them at the courthouse, and got married by the Justice of the Peace. Afterwards he took to Wendy's for lunch, ran by the grocery to get me ice cream, and then went to work. That was how our first night of marriage went. Pretty exciting right?!

This Valentine's Day marks our 10 year wedding anniversary (a total of 11 years together), and it has been the best 10 years ever. We have had another child, and experienced so many exciting things together. I can't wait to spend many more years with this amazing guy.

What can I say we are retarded for each other <3

No comments:

Post a Comment